Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cluster of Immigration Reform Controversy

As part of my early writing process for my class project, I will be sharing a cluster of ideas on the topic of immigration reform and its controversial nature. The process of deciding what to write before actually beginning to is a really important step and helps us invent and brainstorm ideas. Invention can happen anywhere and can be created in many different forms. For this blog post, I was tasked with creating and briefly explaining my cluster (aka web). Please click on the link for a better view!



I started off my cluster with the main theme I wanted to address; immigration reform. Since there are many subcategories and topics within this theme, I attempted to break-it-down based on who were the main figures and what role they play in the overall debate. Since I believe that governmental branches are the ones who currently hold leverage on this issue, I decided to focus on them and what PRO and CON arguments they pose. Both groups of key actors (gov't branches & anti/pro immigration orgs or individuals) use the same types of public speech acts which is one of the only links between them.

1 comment:

  1. Great visual layout! I love the way this exercise helps show all of a complicated issue and how all the groups / issues are connected....

    ReplyDelete